Thursday, July 14, 2011

Summer Vacation, Part 5

The next leg of our vacation was Lagoon with Mijken’s family.  It’s not a place I would normally choose to go, but Mijken’s family goes every year and since we were already in Utah we decided to join them.  And it wasn’t too bad.  There were lots of people, but we didn’t lose anyone (that’s probably my biggest fear in crowds).  It took a little while for my kids to get warmed up to the rides, but by closing time they didn’t want to leave.  Since I’m pregnant I didn’t get to go on many rides (only two) but after riding the carousel with Dallie and having to hold on to keep from falling, I realized it was a good idea to stay off.  And beware, there are lots of pictures.

081083088093

Dallie wasn’t quite sure what to think of the bumper cars at first, so she was holding on to Emma for dear life.  She got used to it later and had a fun time driving her own car.

094096098102107109111115123128131146

We finally sat down for a musical show after hours of riding and walking and had a much needed rest.  It was after this that the kids got their second wind and really started to enjoy themselves.

153154

The other ride I went on was a short train ride through a little zoo. 

161165168175180

The dads decided to go on a scary ride without kids.  They had to wait in line for about a half hour, but they came off smiling.

183206215

1 comment:

Summer said...

Wow what a lot of fun!! Sorry we missed you. I flew home with Clay for the wedding and flew back the next day. We want to take our older kids to Lagoon this fall. We just did Sea World last week- my blog should be getting updated soon, and not private. When we get our ranch I'm gonna make a new one. You look great! Good luck with your delivery!