Sunday, August 12, 2012

Youth Service Project

The youth from the Rapid City Stake came out this weekend for a service project and dance.  We had about 30 youth.  On Friday they put new siding on the Joy bunkhouse, tore out old fence, put new plastic in an old tank and set a new tank.  Then after supper they had a hay ride and dance with a real DJ who brought his whole set up with lights and fog machine.  I’m pretty sure the Sandhills had never seen the like and probably never will.  That night the girls slept in the cook house and the boys camped out.  Saturday morning after breakfast they had a testimony meeting and went home.  We had a handicap boy in an electric wheelchair and a deaf boy come and they both had a good time.  I think they especially enjoyed the dance.  I think it was a great experience for all of the youth.  And Jason and I enjoyed hosting them. 

 DSC_0032 DSC_0034 DSC_0035 DSC_0036 DSC_0037 DSC_0038 DSC_0039 DSC_0040 DSC_0042 DSC_0043 DSC_0044 DSC_0045 DSC_0048 DSC_0050

2 comments:

Countrylivn' said...

How fun! Sounds like they did a lot of work, really cool!

wyomingerica said...

wow, that looks like a good time. So you were in charge of the youth conference. Please cool!