Thursday, May 16, 2013

In Shock

The PET scan came back clean.  I don’t even know what to think.  Can it be real?  I’ve been psyching myself out for two weeks, trying to mentally prepare for surgeries, chemo and whatever else it would take to beat this.    I think I’m in shock.  I can’t stop crying.  To be on the safe said, my endo is ordering some precautionary scans (a thyroid ultrasound and a bone scan).  But the cancer scan showed no cancer.  I’m still not sure I believe it.  I can’t get ahold of Jason because he’s in meetings.  My parents are at the temple.  I finally got ahold of Mijken to share the good news.  I want to run, shouting, to all my neighbors, but my eyes are red and puffy.  I think I am as excited and relieved for all of you (all my family and friends who’ve shown their concern) as I am for myself.  I think in some cases it is easier to be the one who’s sick than to be the one watching. 

Thank you. Thank you.  For your prayers and fasting.  I’m overwhelmed by your kindness and love, your faith, and your willingness to mourn with me.  And now we can celebrate together.  I acknowledge the Lord’s hand in my life.  I know he hears and answers prayers.  And even if this scan would have shown cancer, my testimony of prayer wouldn’t have changed.  He has answered my prayers and your prayers.  I feel like Alma’s people in the book of Mosiah.  The Lord has seen fit to chasten me; to try to patience and my faith.  But he has also eased my burden.  I bare witness that the Lord does visit his people in their afflictions.

7 comments:

Sarah said...

That's is great news! Hope the other scans turn out the same. What a great example you are! May The Lord continue to bless you and your family.

Stephanie said...

Pretty sure you can make them break into a meeting to share news like this...

Amy said...

I have been thinking about you these last few days and am so glad your worries are over!! What a huge blessing! Your family has always been such an example to me, I hope you get to share this news with them soon!

Summer said...

Oh Kiley! I am so happy to hear that! I have been praying for you and worrying about you a lot. I hope everything continues to be posative. You are so strong and it strengthens my testimony!

Melissa said...

Kiley! I am so happy and excited to hear this news!! What a miracle!!! Hopefully everything continues to be positive and upbeat.

Justin and Michelle Klingler said...

I'm so HAPPY!! I couldn't stop thinking about you the other day and I'm so glad it came back clean!! Yay!!!! Love you Ki!! Thanks for your awesome example!

Unknown said...

I'm so happy for you! That is such great news. Prayers have definitely been answered. Love you and miss you guys.

Raina