Tuesday, July 28, 2015

This’ll be 15

I’m finally able to announce that we are moving to Texas.  Move #15.  We’ll now have lived in every time zone in the continental United States!

Our parent company bought a new operation east of Waco that Jason has been hired to manage.  We move in a couple of weeks.  We just don’t have a house to move in to.  The seller and current employees stay until mid-October, so we are trying to find temporary housing, which is causing some headaches.  There are still a lot of unknowns as of right now (cattle, employees, housing, etc.) but we are fairly certain the kids will attend Groesbeck ISD and we know we will be in the Mexia Branch. 

So far I’m keeping emotions in check.  If I let myself feel right now I’m pretty sure I’d have a panic attack.  It is exciting to be part of something new and an honor for Jason to be heading it up.  But moving our family cross country to a place we’ve never been, where we know no one and we don’t have a place to live; wondering if the community will accept “the Mormons” (the company and our family); the kids starting a new school; Jason starting a new job and all things that come with building a new cattle operation.  However, as I’ve tried to doubt that it is the Lord’s will that we move, the hymn “Go Forth with Faith” comes to mind.  It’s going to be scary and hard, but the Lord won’t let us fail.     

Moving is always bittersweet.  We’re moving onward and upward, but it’s sad leaving friends.  Our Florida friends and neighbors helped us through cancer and a baby.  They’ve become our family as we are so far away from ours.  I always have access to a babysitter.  The kids will be sad to leave their friends.  Deseret Ranch is such a unique community, I don’t imagine we’ll ever be in a situation like this again. 

So here we start another chapter in our lives.  We’re nervous and excited.  And we’re looking forward to making Texas our home.

The house we’ll get to move into in October.  Jason got to walk through it, but I’ve only seen it through pictures. 

image

image

image

5 comments:

Summer said...

That is SO exciting and a little scary, but you've done this before and now you are heading back towards home... right? So happy for you guys and that Jason gets to be "EL HEFE". ! Congratulations!!!

Ranch Mom said...

We're so happy to hear that your family has such a wonderful new opportunity, but very sorry for the Ranch and Ellsworth Ward. Your family is AWESOME in all respects!

Rachel Hubbard said...

Wow 15 that's a lot! I was hoping you were going to come back to nebraska! We were thinking of heading to Orlando this fall for a little get away and I was going to call you, but it sounds like you'll already be gone :/. Best of luck!

Rachel Hubbard said...

Wow 15 that's a lot! I was hoping you were going to come back to nebraska! We were thinking of heading to Orlando this fall for a little get away and I was going to call you, but it sounds like you'll already be gone :/. Best of luck!

Rachel Hubbard said...

Wow 15 that's a lot! I was hoping you were going to come back to nebraska! We were thinking of heading to Orlando this fall for a little get away and I was going to call you, but it sounds like you'll already be gone :/. Best of luck!