Tuesday, August 25, 2009

First Day of School

We survived Kache's first couple days of school. He was a little nervous the night before school started, but when we got to school he was fine. It is a long day for him (and me). The drive to school is 45 minutes. We really like his teacher.

The night before the big day. (Dallie got those Dora jammies from Claire and she loves them.)

Kache's chair. I ask him everyday who he sits by but he doesn't remember any names.

Ryder asks a couple times a day where Kache is. We'll be on the way home from dropping Kache off and Ryder will ask where Kache is. This will be a big adjustment for Ryder and I. Ryder lost his buddy. He will play outside or in his room for a few minutes and then come ask me where Kache is and then he will just follow me around for a while. I lost my right-hand man; my babysitter, bug catcher, spider killer, etc. Hopefully we'll be able to adjust to our new life.

7 comments:

Countrylivn' said...

Looks good, poor Ryder, he is just going to have to play with Dowie! They all look cute!

Summer Freeman said...

We're happy and sad for you. Exciting to try new things and learn alot!! But sad to let our kids go!!

Lacey said...

How fun to start school. We start tomarrow, I feel the same way about losing my right hand man. Why do they grow up so fast?

Brenny said...

The first picture kills me -- Kache looks a little sick. So fun to start school, but sad for Ryder.

wyomingerica said...

Ren is in the same boat. Sence I'm babysitting he asks me, "is this our baby?" at least twice a day. That is a lot of driving.

Andy and Sarah said...

Isn't it sad and a happy day when your first goes to school. Chase and Blake don't know what to do without Alyssa. Your kids are really cute.

Brice and Evee said...

I totally understand this. Barrett is learning to play with babies now with Aubree. I don't envy your drive.