Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Long Overdue

Well I guess it's about time I blogged. November was a busy month. There were 2 weeks of preg checking cows, days of shipping and moving cows (that still isn't done), mourning the move from the McGinley (not done either), unpacking and cleaning my new house, cleaning the bunk house after the intern moved out and then again when the hunters left, adjusting to new school and schedule, lots of primary activities, program, dinners, etc, etc.

Our new house. From the house itself, we don't have that great of a view. But the hills up here are so different than down on the McGinley and really very pretty. Hopefully someday I'll get outside and take some pictures.

Kache's new school. He's really enjoying it there. I like it to. Is it normal to be learning cube, cylinder, sphere, etc in kindergarten? It's amazing to see him read.

The trail to school. One of them anyway. We live on a gravel road and I usually go that way to school, but when this trail isn't snowed in and I'm driving the suburban I go this way. (Isn't it so pretty? I love the sandhills.)

Our new pup. He has cattle-sense, but he's a pup and spends most of his time tied up. But when he's untied he likes to herd the cats (they obviously don't like him).

Our old pup. Rex is still the best dog around. I don't realize what a good dog he is (how patient and kind he is) until I see other dogs that kids aren't safe to be around. Rex is our babysitter. And he's not too bad at working cattle either.

Ryder going out to move solars. This picture is to show how cold it is this week. Wind chills have been below zero at night and in the teens and single digits during the day.

Dallie is walking all the time now. Those first couple of weeks were pretty tough on her though. She had a bloody lip on two different occasions, a goose egg on her forehead, a bloody nose, fat lip, cut on her cheek, and a scratched up chin. Below is a picture of her fat lip going away.


Trying to ride bikes one evening in the freezing cold. Do you think it's time that Ryder got a new bike?
Bagleys came to Nebraska for Thanksgiving. It was so fun, but this is the only picture I have of the fun - Kache, Ryder and Jaci watching a movie one night. Ryder was very sad for Jaci to leave. He keeps asking when we are going to her house.


The sunset tonight through the light snow and freezing wind.

4 comments:

Summer Freeman said...

where did you get your pup and your sandhills still look like the rolling ones at McGinley Is it really muddy and can you get stuck as easily

Summer said...

The yard looks so much better without the broken down chain link fence. Hope you can feel at home soon!

Countrylivn' said...

Not quite the McGinley is it....boo hoo, my kids keep asking when do we get to go to Kache and Ryders and nebraska, (they are sad they didnt even get to see your old house and now you already live at a new house, I couldnt tell them that there was another house before the McGinley too) we need to make the trek soon I guess!

Anna Beal said...

Love the update.