The Hyannis school invited the Lakeside school kids to school the other day. Our school board has finally decided to close our little school so most of us will head east to Hyannis for school next year. They invited our kids to attend their new classes in the morning, have lunch and participate in the field day that afternoon. Kache and Ryder (he had kindergarten round-up) both had a good time in their classes. Kache’s class will be the biggest in the school with 17 kids. Most class sizes are around 10 students. I’m mourning over our school closing, and am still unsure about how or what we will do next year. We’ll have to leave home at 6:15 in the morning to catch the bus in Lakeside that will take our kids to Hyannis, and the kids won’t get home from school until almost 5 in the evening. So like I said, I’m not sure that this is going to work out or what we’ll do. But we did like the school, the kids and the teachers.
The field day was busy and long. Our kids are used to that many kids; I think they felt a little overwhelmed. The weather was great at first, but turned cold and windy by the end. We were ready to be done before it was over. It was a long day for those of us who had to travel so far.
Doing the bear crawl.
Dallie, Barrett and Ryder playing after the big kids had moved on to other games.
No comments:
Post a Comment