Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Planting

My mom got me some flowers and when we got home from town we spent the evening planting them. And we didn't see any snakes (I had a rattler in my yard the other day. Thankfully I found it and not the boys.).

Kache, Ryder and Bode.

The whole crew and my house that needs a paint job (or new siding).

Ryder.

It's so nice to have a yard that is established. It is so difficult to get trees and grass to grow here. Now if I could only keep the snakes out so we could enjoy it.

3 comments:

Summer Freeman said...

My picture disc didn't work, I'm sure it's because I don't have Vista?? Anyway, fun days sad it's all over!!

Brenny said...

Look at all that help! I can just imagine those flower boxes in the middle of summer.

The pictures from town were cool, too. My favorite is the boys 'loading the wagon' with Claire standing in the middle of it. Looks like she's all loaded, too. So cute.

Beth morgan said...

Try an electric fence down low around where you dont want them to enter. We stumbled upon that trick in Arizona. We had an electric fence about 4-5 inches off the ground attached to the chain link fence so that our dogs wouldn't try to dig or test the strength of the fence. We never had snakes at all and we were out in the thick of where they would be. Then we unplugged the fence for a couple of days and our dog was bit by a rattler. Luckily he made it, but we plugged the fence back in and never had another problem. The wildlife people said that snakes can sense and taste the electricity through their tongue if they approach the fence and they will stay away from it. Might give it a shot...Good luck.