Thursday, August 27, 2009

This was the view to the east as I left home to get Kache from school yesterday. It seems like the storms always split and go around us.

The storm to the south. I was envious of the rain everyone was getting.

Then on our drive home we saw this storm and we were hopeful that it was going to hit our place.

As we got closer to home the cloud got more ominous. This was at the mailboxes (about 15 minutes from home) and the rain was just about to hit. I made it another mile before I had to put it in 4-wheel drive.


By the time I made it to our driveway I could see blue skies, but the rain was still coming down pretty good.

Our driveway looked more like a crick than a road.

We got home to Jason trying to get the water away from the house. He had been out hauling hay when the storm hit. He said it only lasted 20 minutes, but we got almost an inch of rain. Our neighbor 2 miles north said it just sprinkled at his house.

I didn't even realize we were going to be having rain or I would have brought the clothes in off the line.

All that rain yesterday made for a pretty view for our drive to school this morning.

The weather in the Plains never ceases to amaze me.

3 comments:

Summer Freeman said...

Where's Charlotte, Wilbur and Gipedto. Webs and surely a whale will show up soon!

wyomingerica said...

you must have a good camera or your a good photographer. the pictures look great.

Countrylivn' said...

I was going to say the same about your camera, it takes good pictures, crazy weather!