One last goodbye to the McGinley.
Kache's last day at Garden County Elementary. He hasn't been sad that he has had to switch schools. He talks about Mrs. Wendland and the kids at Garden County, but when I told him that his new school only had 3 girls in the kindergarten class, he said, "Oh, they need me because they need a boy." I'm glad he has a good attitude.
Now he goes to a one-room schoolhouse (not really, there are two rooms and a gym). It is Kindergarten through 8th grade, and currently there are 8 kids. There is one teacher and one aid. The kindergartners spend most of their day in a separate room from the other students. Kache is one of only three boys in the school, so the other boys are happy to have him. When we got to school his first day, all the of other kids were watching out the window for him to come.
3 comments:
Wow! I can't believe how small the school is. I didn't know such small schools still existed -- and I know by saying that I am proving what a citified person I am. I'm sorry the move wasn't the best, but I'm glad you beat the storm! Definitely send pictures when you get a bit more settled.
Your house is beautiful!
Post a Comment