Friday, October 23, 2009

This Week

The kids and I are finally getting over the swine flu-like symptoms we've had for a week. I don't know that it really was the flu, we didn't ever go to the doctor, but whatever it was, we are glad to have it mostly over (I'm still up all night coughing, but the kids are much better). Now it's Jason's turn.


Even when she's sick she still loves to ride.

We didn't get much packing done this week, but we should be ready by moving day on Wednesday. But then there's the two days of cleaning after everything gets moved out (my least favorite part). Anyone want to drive to Nebraska to babysit while I clean? (Or clean while I babysit?!)

The cook house is still only partially torn down. They are waiting for a cool, cloudy day to burn it. The missionaries have been doing lots of work down here. We're sad we won't get to be the beneficiaries of all the hard work they are doing. But they are also doing lots of work on our new house (paint, new sinks, new flooring in part of the house, a storage room in the garage).


Jason's been up on the Joy most of the week so we haven't seen him much. He finally got home at a decent hour tonight so he spent some time outside with the kids. I was hoping they'd pack and clean the garage, but they didn't. I have all the baseball, kickball, soccer stuff packed away (everything they wanted to play) so they took turns pulling Dallie in the wagon.


Jason has finally been released as Elder's Quorum President and has been called as the 2nd Counselor in the Branch Presidency. Last Sunday was our Branch Conference, so the Stake Presidency was down from Rapid City and was planning on meeting with and extending the call to Jason, but he stayed home from church with the sick kids. But they got a hold of him on the phone and he was sustained during Sacrament Meeting. He will be set apart next weekend when we go up to Rapid for Stake Conference. Now we just need a grandma and grandpa to move close to us to sit with the kids during Sacrament Meeting while Jason is on the stand and I am playing.

3 comments:

Brenny said...

Sick right before you have to move? Very lousy. I hope everything goes okay with the packing and cleaning.

Congrats (or condolences) on the new calling. I'm sure someone will help with the kiddos, but in the meantime I have a very fun picture in my head of them left to their own devices during the hymns... :)

Summer said...

Your kids behaved really well when we were there! Sorry you've been sick, I'm hoping we can somehow miss it. Good luck with the move over to the Joy!

Anna Beal said...

Alot of people don't get the swine flu too bad. Glad to know it didn't knock you flat! :)