Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Update

The peace and calm of February is over. March has been full of feeding, caking, cleaning, doctor's appointments, a quick trip to Utah, calving prep, meal prep for vet students, etc. And it will only get worse in April. We're looking forward to August when things might slow down for a little while.

Calving season is nearly upon us. One of Jason's interns came last week and another will come this Saturday. Vet students come in a week and a half. I had to revamp my menu from last year because we will have more vet students this year. But this year I sent in my grocery list to a local grocery store (local, but still over an hour away) and they box it up and call me when it's ready. That's much nicer than driving 2 hours to Walmart, then 4 hours and 6 shopping carts later I make the 2 hour drive home. I've browned 30 lbs of hamburger in the last two days and hopefully will get the last 20 lbs done on Friday.

Kache is doing awesome. He still loves school. We had parent teacher conference this month and he is far above average in everything. His teacher is concerned that he won't be challenged enough next year. Another thing she told us is that Kache is a teaser. She said she's not concerned, but she just wanted us to be aware of it. Guess I'm not surprised.

Kache reading "Hop on Pop" to Ryder.


Ryder is a middle child and I feel bad for him. Kache gets lots of attention because he is in school, Dallie gets lots of attention because she's a baby and Ryder seems to get left out sometimes. During the day I try to hold and read to him, but if Dallie sees she screams and tries to push him away from me.

Kache and Ryder's primary teachers. They are leaving this week for Rexburg.


Dallie is still as cute as ever. She is starting to show that she is spoiled though. She is getting shy around other kids. She won't get down and play in nursery, she just sits on the teacher's lap.


We are loving the spring weather. I love this time of year when it gets warm in the day, but is still freezing at night so the gnats and mosquitoes aren't out yet.


He finally has a name. Loco. It fits him perfectly. Jason's been taking him to out move cows and he goes after them full blast and gets sent flying every time. There have been a few times he can't walk back to the pickup after the move and Jason has to go pick him up. Hopefully he'll settle down soon.


Just a few more pictures of what we've been up to.


Our quick trip to Utah was to DLL (another church ranch).

2 comments:

Summer Freeman said...

cute pics, Kache can read better than Bode I'm sure. Cute pics of Dallie!!

wyomingerica said...

sounds busy, great pictures. We are in the same boat with Weston. To smart for his own good, I'm afraid he is going to get lazy. to bad all my kids couldn't get the school smarts.