Monday, April 26, 2010

More Spring Weather

On our way home from town the other day, the kids and I spotted these two cows laying on a hillside. Jason's pickup wasn't parked too far away and since it was pouring, we thought he was sitting in his pickup watching these two calve.


We found out later that Jason and his crew were waiting out the downpour and lightning in a horse trailer nearby (good place to be - a metal trailer) and that these two cows had been struck by lightning. Kache wrote about it in his school journal.

Friday's entry:

His picture cracks me up. You can see the lightning striking them and then he drew steam coming off their bodies.

Saturday's entry after I took the kids out to see the cows (you can thank me for refraining from posting any closeups of the bloated bodies):

The radio in Jason's pickup is no longer working either, so we wonder if it got struck too since it was kind of close to the cows. I'm just glad the trailer-full of vet students didn't get struck.

4 comments:

Countrylivn' said...

crazy! Cute kindergarten handwriting, I LOVE it!

Brenny said...

Cache's drawings and explanations made me laugh SO hard. That was great.

wyomingerica said...

your kids sure see the circle of life. Great pictures Cache.

Summer said...

At least someone is getting Spring, we got an inch and a half about an hour ago!(snow) I can not believe how grown up your kids are getting! I miss ranch life. Keep your fingers crossed for us!