Monday, September 27, 2010

More Random

Ryder riding

Ryder and Sarley moving steers.  I hope this horse can last a few more years.  He used to be quite the cutting horse back in his day, but now he has a hard time keeping up with the herd.

Ryder

 

Ryder’s popping a wheelie.  He really wanted me to get this picture of him, but was disappointed when he saw his tire wasn’t even off the ground. 

Ryder 

 

Star Ranch.

Caking cows with a nice view of the Star Ranch yard.  I think almost everyone we’ve met in the Sandhills either owned or worked on the Star Ranch in the past.  It’s been great learning a little more history about the place.  Just today I found out a previous owner used to run 300 head of horses and there’s buried treasure out here (maybe only Mom and I would think it’s treasure.  Perhaps it would be better termed as historical items.)  Now to find the hill in which it’s buried…

home 

 

Mistaken identity.

There’s a lady a few miles south of us who runs horses.  Lots of horses.  Too many horses for the grass she feeds them on.  Anyway, this isn’t about her horses.  This is about these two goats who think they’re horses.  They crack me up.

goats

 

Cumulonimbus.

I never tire of watching thunderstorms go by (I apologize if you do).

anvilanvilanvil 

 

Dallie

She loves dresses and her Dora shirt.  She usually wears layers of clothes because she finds lots of different things she wants to wear (which, of course, makes for lots of laundry). 

Dallie 

 

Pink sky at night, sailors delight; pink sky in the morning, sailors warning.

I was just reading some old wives’ tales/clichés to go along with this weather one and I got a chuckle when I read this one:

The early bird gets the worm; but the second mouse gets the cheese!

pink sky at nightpink sky at night

2 comments:

Melissa said...

These are some really cute pictures. Looks like you guys are enjoying yourselves!!!
Hope all is well.
Take care!

Bob and Sara said...

We love your pictures. Bob got to see a few and said we should print them out and hang them on our walls. We get a little homesick looking at them!