I have a lot of pictures on my computer that don’t seem to fit anywhere, but I still want to document. And since I’m not a good writer this is going to be mostly pictures.
This was back in June when we were setting up a branding pen. Dallie, Kache and Ryder were having fun doing what kids do best.
I love the time of year when the seeds from the cottonwoods are blown.
I love the texture of storm clouds.
Sunsets and thunderstorms work well together.
Jason’s attempt at farming this year. He got the single circle on our unit running in hopes of growing rye to draw the deer in for hunting season.
Trees don’t grow very well in the Sandhills. Even if you can get it to grow to maturity, it still doesn’t stand much of a chance against the wind, hail, lightning, and cattle. I think that’s why I like this tree so much. I imagine some homesteader planted this long ago and it had the will to survive when the homesteader didn’t.
I love the Lakeside Cemetery sign. After 4 years of driving by and wanting to check the cemetery out, we finally did this summer.
Kache and one of the hundreds of toads caught this summer.
The view from up top. I love climbing the hills out here (usually in a 4-wheeler or pickup). The view often takes my breath away (and helps me get my bearings).
5 comments:
neat picture, you have a great camera.
What is the water source for your circle?
Beautiful. Just Beautiful. I can see how the view helps you breathe.
really great pictures, we loved them!
Wow Kiley, you are a really great photographer! We do miss the Sandhills, the peace and serenity that's there.My dog has a huge fear of storms though now, after those crazy thunder storms in Nebraska. It even clouds up a tiny bit and he's scratching at the doors.
Post a Comment