Friday, September 7, 2012

The McGinley, Revisited

We attended a wedding reception at the McGinley last weekend.  It was the first time I’d been there since we moved.  Currently, no one is living in the big house.  There’s a bit of an argument as to who gets to live there.  I’m sad it’s not us, kind of.  The missionaries have done some more work on it including a new roof, windows, paint, new sheet rock in the basement where the walls and ceiling were crumbling.  I didn’t take pictures inside the house, but I have some before and after’s of the outside. 

034026027

The missionaries also painted some of the outbuildings. 

024

Where the cook house used to be.

025035

The Garden Shed then and now.  I wish we would have taken our guineas when we moved up here.  There’s only one left now.

004037040039

2 comments:

Countrylivn' said...

Oh it looks nice, I wish they would have done the wood shingles again, but Im sure it is not practical. It looks good.

wyomingerica said...

I like the looks of it old, but I'm sure this is way more efficient.