The ranch swimming hole is finally open and we tried it out over the weekend. They say there are rarely gators in it because they treat it, but you still have to look before you leap. So we sent Jason to check it out and sure enough there was a gator. It was a little one hiding under one of the docks. He tried to get it out but couldn’t. I was ready to head back home, but of course Jason felt no concern since it was little. I was creeped out the whole time. (It was under the dock Kache is running to in this picture.)
This kid had no fear. He’d walk in up to his armpits and probably would have kept going if someone weren’t there to stop him.
This is how I felt the whole time:
“Are those gator eyes staring back at me?” “Is that just a ripple or a snake?” “What is going to come up from the depths and snatch a kid (insert Jaws theme here)?”
I’m sure I’ll get used to it and not be scared (hopefully). It sounds like during the summer here it’s too hot to do anything outside besides swim, so I hope to have four little fish by summer’s end.
4 comments:
What a fun place! How do the gators get in with the fence up all around it? You better get a life jacket for that baby! So fun!
the water must to warm. It is snowing outside right now :(
WOW! You allowed it? I would be so scared too! How are you feeling?
LOVE Riggin's face! And I'm with you...I would have been creeped out the entire time. I grew up in muddy water and never went swimming for fear of snakes...the first time we went to Bear Lake I couldn't believe how clear and clean the water was. Stay cool this summer. How are you doing, Kiley?
Post a Comment