Sunday, December 7, 2008

Chadron State Park

Two summers ago there was a forest fire in Chadron State Park.


It burned within feet of some homes.


This is the only national forest in the panhandle of Nebraska and the only place to cut down a Christmas tree. On Friday we went up and since there isn't much of a selection we take what we can get. This is the tree the boys found this year. (Dallie and I stayed in the car; it was too cold and windy for us.)

2 comments:

wyomingerica said...

that looks like a big tree, I really don't like getting trees either. It's always so cold.

Brenny said...

It does look big, but I guess that is probably because the little boys are in front of it. I miss driving up to Snowy Range to cut down a tree. Colorado National forests are crowded and tree lots are expensive. I never thought I'd say it, but it may be time to invest in an artifical tree.

I'm excited to see pictures from the decorating party!