Our foreman brought me flowers the other day for cooking and surviving the storm. It's nice to be appreciated. It makes my job not quite so difficult. It's also nice to have a little bit of spring around since it doesn't feel like spring outside. We have about 90 cows left to calve; the other two heifer herds have less than that (our herd started out with 100 more than either of the other herds). Luckily we don't have to calve those out by ourselves - that would mean Jason and Cordell (the intern) would have to take turns doing the night shift. We will have Doc and two vet students next week to help. So that's nice for Jason, but that means I still have one more week of cooking. I was really looking forward to being done. I wasn't planning on doing any more grocery shopping for ranch purposes, but I don't think we can last on what little we have. We will start inducing the cows tonight. We will induce 20-30 cows every other day until we are done. Jason is planning on taking a long nap the day after our last calf is born. We are looking forward to having him back!
1 comment:
The daffodils are beautiful -- how nice of the foreman to bring them! So springy. I think they are my favorite spring flowers... Good luck with the rest of the calving!
Post a Comment