Monday, November 1, 2010

Festivities

We started our Halloween festivities on Friday.  The school kids wore their costumes into town, made donations to a toy drive, had a class picture taken in their costumes and then went to a nursing home and took the residents treats and performed Halloween songs for them.  Our little school doesn’t have everything because of its size; but because of its size they get to do so many things that a big school doesn’t.

Friday night was our community dinner at the school.  The kids performed their songs again.  Our teacher’s aid used to teach music in another school district so it’s been nice to have the kids learning music this year.  Ryder has been singing the songs all weekend.  He can’t wait to go to school next year! 

013020

The school kids singing and dancing to “Scared Alive”.  Kache thought it was pretty cool to learn disco moves. 

This is also the only picture I got of Ryder, and it is of his back.  He was a pirate with a hook for a hand.

024022

Dallie’s bumble bee.  Vampires and bees must have been popular this year because there sure were a lot of them.

028

We came home with 4 gallons of treats.  That’s a lot of treats.  And it’s the good stuff too – no tootsie rolls here.  Just another benefit of a small community.

loot

Saturday night was the Alliance Branch Fall Festival.  We set up 5 tables and about 40 chairs for the dinner and every seat was taken and some ate outside.  I didn’t get a head count, but I think there were probably 50 or 60 people.  I was planning on 50, so it worked out really well.  Some of our neighbors came and I was excited about that.  Sadly, I only got a few pictures of the the activity.

031

This was the extent of the decorating.

032

The hay ride was a success.  We needed to start it sooner though.  The first ride got back as it was getting dark so the second ride was completely dark.  Jason took them out to the corrals and one of our neighbors who grew up on the Star shared some history of the ranch and told about the tornado that hit it a while back.

033034

The weather was perfect.  And only one car got stuck on the way out.  All in all, I was very pleased and was glad to hear people say they hope we do it again next year.

2 comments:

Anna Beal said...

Wow! Looks like you had a great time. I love that small town school thing, we really miss out on that stuff.

Brenny said...

How fun. I love that your kids get to do so many fun things because their school is so small.