Kache is loving school. When I drop him off at school he always holds the door open for other kids walking with him. My neighbor Elaine subs at the elementary and she says everyone (even older kids) knows his name and is always talking to him. I don't know how he got so social. He had a field trip yesterday. Kindergarten through 3rd grade got to go to a pumpkin patch. He can't wait to carve a scary face into his pumpkin.
It sounds like the service missionaries are going to try to burn down our cook house. It has a cellar under it and if it all goes according to plan all the metal and sharp objects will fall down into the cellar and we will just cover it all with dirt. It has a cool pedestal sink and claw foot tub that we are going to try to get out of the house before burning. It is pretty nasty inside, unfortunately. I would have loved to use it as a cook house. The birds and mice have moved in (and I imagine a few snakes). Regrettably, it will take a couple of trees with it when it burns, but it will be nice to have that much more yard. We have so many plans and projects for the McGinley, but I'm afraid we won't get to see them all through.
The kitchen of the cook house. I love the cool old farm sink. The junk in the middle of the room is from our house remodel.
The boys got the porcupine they had been hunting a couple weeks ago. I was out watching the deer in our yard and the porcupine caught my eye as it was climbing a tree. Kache didn't get to shoot it with his bow and arrow, but he was excited to watch Dad shoot it anyway. I'm glad he is brave enough to kill things because I am not.
No comments:
Post a Comment