Saturday, February 27, 2010

The Cat Came Back (and other random)

When we moved to the Star there was a huge, orange tom cat around. He stayed away at first, but then he got used to us and decided he owned the place. He was just eating the food, always fighting with our cats (and dogs) and didn't do any hunting, and we only have female cats and I really don't want 30 more cats this spring. So Wednesday I decided to haul him over to South Camp - a house that is 5 miles away and currently empty, but has plenty of outbuildings and mice. Well, of course when I woke up this morning he was the first thing I saw. We tried to catch him again (this time to castrate him) but now he is wary and won't come to me. How do I humanely get rid of a cat? Jason offered to get rid of him, but I just don't have the heart to kill him.

In other random news: Jason and I didn't get to go out last night. Everyone is still sick. Ryder now has an ear infection and Kache and Dallie have colds.

Dallie is getting to be her Daddy's working girl. This morning the boys didn't want to go out to feed with Jason, but Dallie did.


The mud hole (road) to our house. We are glad it is mud and water and not snow and ice. It has finally been above freezing for the past couple of days and most of the snow is gone.


We caked with Jason yesterday in a pasture with this cool windmill.


The boys were driving us crazy so we made them run up this hill while we waited for the cows to come to the pickup.


Feeding the pets. Dallie wasn't so sure about this cow that kept trying to eat her hand.


This pup is still not named. We just can't find a name that fits him.


Rex is still the best dog. This picture sums up his personality. "Hi there."

4 comments:

Summer Freeman said...

uncle bruce's best friends name was rex?? Also that is gpa brown's brother's name-name him Eddy-Ed

wyomingerica said...

Bradford, it was the dogs name on you have mail.. we watched it the other day.

Summer said...

We had a wild cat in montana that kept dropping her kittens down the 2 by 4's and plywood inside a shed. Some of them starved to death and we were able to save one by taking off the huge plywood sheets. Daniel did end up "getting rid" of her. What else can you do? I hope you are doing good!

Summer said...

I just thought of something else. there were 2 big orange tom cats when we were there. Could that be the other one?