And it had to happen to the little one. No one saw what happened. Dallie said she dropped him on his foot. Both the tibia and fibula have buckle fractures above the ankle. It happened on Monday night but we barely had it casted today. He wasn’t too miserable, but favored it. He seems to be happier with the cast, probably because it provides support, I’m happier with it because I feel like it’s safer. We go back in three weeks for an ex-ray and hopefully will be done with the cast. Such drama and just days before vet students get here. I hope we survive and I hope we don’t starve the vet students.
We’re borrowing Dallie’s leg warmer until we find some pants that fit the cast.
And before we even made it in the door from town and doctor, Kache was helping haul horse grain into the horse barn and fell over with the bag of grain on top of him. Thankfully he only has scratches and bruises.
6 comments:
How sad. Glad he is taking it well. Good luck with the calf season.
WHAT!!! It makes me so sad to see babies with broken parts! When I think back about Claire it still makes me cringe! Poor Riggin! I dont like this at all! I need to call you!
I was just thinking, it was our fourth kid too, and she had help from the #3 kid in her fall! interesting......
at least it did happen on
Friday the 13th. Wyatt's comment after reading Mijken's comment. He is such a cute little guy. He is getting so big. Does Mom know?
His cast is so clean!! Why am I not surprised!! Had Kache just stopped crying?
Poor little Riggin! As sad as it is, his little cast is really cute, hopefully things will heal up quickly! Good Luck with your next few crazy weeks of calving.
Post a Comment