I started this post last week, so let’s see if I can get it finished and published.
Calving season is going too slow. Last week we were only having 5 or so a day and with three extra people to do the tagging, Jason had to come up with some busy work. He got corrals fixed that had needed mending for years. I’m getting burnt out of cooking and it’s only been a week. We have a new crew now, and they are good help. We have less than 100 calves on the ground (as I’m typing this, April 25). Jason hasn’t seen the boys in two days, and Dallie says she misses Dad. And calving season wouldn’t be complete without a power outage. Thankfully I already had supper made and the power was only out for a couple of hours.
Riggin is 8 months old and finally crawling. He goes pretty slow and drags his casted leg behind, but he can finally get to where he wants to go.
Dallie’s been getting into a little trouble since I’ve been busy. She got into my makeup the other night. I was too upset to take the picture with her face all done up so this was taken the next morning after a shower.
Riggin spends lots of time playing with the primary wind wands and getting stuck under the piano bench.
We have chickens again (we had chickens this past winter, but the dogs got them).
And we have this! Most of you are wondering why I would be excited about a stock tank. We have hundreds of them all over the ranch.
This is why I am excited:
I grew up swimming in a stock tank too. And since my kids don’t know how to swim I’m hoping this will give them some practice.
Kache finally lost his other front tooth at school yesterday, now he is really toothless. Ryder’s still doing great in school. Hopefully I’ll get some pictures of them soon.
2 comments:
you are so busy, crazy time of year.
Dallie is so pretty! We had a stock tank it was a little to big for me, you will only be able to fill it half full so no one drowns and you have to be out by it the entire time. Sorry to be a downer, I think it would be perfect for Ash and Emma now, maybe you will do better than we did with it. How did you get big chickens? Are they already laying?
Post a Comment