Sunday, April 8, 2012

Sunday Shots

We’ve had a nice Easter Sunday.  I made us all get up a little earlier than normal so we could try for a family picture.  I’m surprised Kache let me hold his hand.

CSC_0266

After church Riggin helped Jason peel potatoes.

DSC_0172DSC_0173DSC_0175DSC_0179

After dinner we had our Easter egg hunt.

DSC_0181DSC_0182DSC_0185DSC_0190DSC_0191DSC_0189DSC_0196DSC_0199DSC_0204DSC_0206DSC_0208DSC_0213DSC_0214

The kids got kites, but strangely, today was the only day in Nebraska state history that a spring wind didn’t blow.  Jason tried to get one in the air without success.

DSC_0217

Kache had a little more luck until he got it caught on the swing set.

DSC_0219

Later, we went out to check cows with Jason.  On the way out we saw two golden eagles.  This one flew right over us.

CSC_0264

Evening in the Sandhills is nice.  The light and shadows show the shape of the land.

DSC_0235CSC_0261DSC_0245DSC_0252                          

Tonight as I was cleaning up after dinner I went to put the leftover ham in the freezer and found this surprise (Erica, you may not want to look):

DSC_0259DSC_0258 

Doesn’t it look fake?  It’s quite real and quite dead.  The boys found it earlier in the day and Kache wanted to take it to school to show the school kids so I told him to put it in the freezer so it would keep, but then I forgot it was there.  When I screamed the boys came running and thought I’d seen a mouse.  I guess at least it wasn’t a snake.

3 comments:

wyomingerica said...

Oh no poor turtle! Looks like a fun Easter Sunday.

Countrylivn' said...

Nice pictures, I love Kache's toothless grin, to cute! All the Easter clothes look nice too. Your babe is a chunky munk! I am sure it is not the last time your boys will make you scream!!

Summer Freeman said...

Oh my, turtle soup!!