Sunday, January 6, 2013

Trip Across the Country

I should have figured miles before I started this post.  We drove in or through 8 states and it took over 30 hours to get to Florida.  It wasn’t a terribly fun trip and once we left Nebraska the interstates were lined by trees so we couldn’t see much.  Tennessee was our favorite state to drive through (probably because there were “mountains” and it greened up).  We were happy to get to our new house and out of the pickup. 

Here are a few shots of our trip.

Where the Huskers play
DSC_0187DSC_0190

 

Iowa.  I missed the state line sign, but for the few miles we drove in Iowa, this is what it looked like.
DSC_0192

 

Missouri (I had to ask Jason how to spell this state and he knew it well from practicing it in 5th grade detention)
DSC_0194

 

Kansas City Temple
DSC_0195

 

St. Louis Temple
DSC_0203

 

St. Louis
DSC_0205DSC_0210

 

The Ohio River
DSC_0214DSC_0215

 

Kentucky
DSC_0218

 

Tennessee
DSC_0226

 

Nashville
DSC_0233

 

The rest area we stopped at in Tennessee
CSC_0241CSC_0242DSC_0243

 

Georgia.  We skirted Atlanta, so I didn’t get any pictures. 
DSC_0256

 

And finally Florida.  I’m working on getting some pictures of the house, so hopefully they will be posted soon.

DSC_0266

No comments: