Anyhow, we went to Cheyenne this week for Jason to attend a Bud Williams class. (Bud Williams is an animal behaviorist, i.e. he is a really good cattle handler and he goes around the country lecturing on how to handle cattle better and other things.)
We had to run errands in Alliance and Scottsbluff before heading to Cheyenne. As we were driving to Alliance we were listening on the radio about tornadoes that were going around and through Scottsbluff. So after finishing our errands in Alliance we waited for a couple of hours at the library for the storm to pass. We did catch the tail end of it - mostly just rain and hail that hadn't melted yet. Luckily Walmart was still standing and the roads were reopened so we could make the rest of our trip in safety.
We got checked into our hotel late and so they didn't have our reserved double-queen bed room available. So they brought a roll-away into our king-sized room. The room was nice and big, but I was not happy when I went into the bathroom and it was not clean. Like I could see that the toilet was NOT clean! I called the front desk and the manager came and cleaned it, apologized, and gave us a $50 discount (for each night). Then as we were getting ready for bed I realized we didn't have any pillowcases on our pillows or a fitted sheet on our bed. I called the front desk again, they said they'd call housekeeping. I had to call again a half hour later because no one had come, the front desk said the same thing. Finally after an hour and a half and calling the front desk three times someone brought us sheets and pillowcases. I was ready to go to another hotel. But Jason wouldn't hear of it and it was 10:30 at night, so I had to do my best to not think about what else hadn't been cleaned.
Jason was in class all the next day; the kids and I did a little shopping and went out to lunch. We got back to our hotel room before the downpour and thunderstorm rolled through.
Shortly after the storm our power went out. I was thinking all of Cheyenne was out because of the thunderstorm. It was out for a couple of hours. I was wondering how Jason's class was going because they were using videos and projectors and such. They continued with their class, but it was so dark they had to move to a room with windows. When Jason got out of his class he told us the real reason the power went out. It was because the hotel hadn't paid their power bill! Seriously, how can you book people in your hotel if you know your power is going to go out because you didn't pay your bill?
After Jason had been sitting in class for 10 hours and the kids and I had been cooped up in the hotel room all afternoon, we went out to eat.
1 comment:
So did anything happen with the boots. Turn the hotel into BBB. That's bad!!
Post a Comment