Tuesday was the last branding of the year (thank goodness!). The women and kids are invited to participate. I really missed having
Summer there to hang out with. But it was fun for a little while. It was way too hot and humid.
The Roundup.



Our crew (Jason's on the far right).
Ryder and Jason on Roxy.

Dallie having her turn on Roxy. She still isn't too sure about horses (or work in general). Hopefully she will get used to ranch life.

Kache riding Mike.


Kache got to use the branding iron.
This is how Ryder felt about wrestling calves that day. He kept saying, "I don't like that noise!" (meaning the calf bawling).
Jason roping.



After the branding we had lunch in the hanger (Eldreds used to have a helicopter). The kids had a good time. We needed to have a "dirtiest kid" contest.
Jason sleeping. Notice Dallie fully clothed.
And no longer fully clothed. It was so hot. It felt so good to get home and shower that night.
2 comments:
That is cool that you guys get to go hang out and watch the branding. I love the picture of Ryder covering his ears!
I was going to saying something clever about the family that brands together... but I've got nothing. :)
I miss you too! We miss the ranching life.
Post a Comment