In December our school kids spent lots of time in town spreading Christmas cheer. I think they went to town (about 30 minutes from the school) at least four times in December for activities, performances and parties.
This particular day started out at a stained glass shop where the kids made their own Christmas ornaments.
Ryder and Dallie were invited to participate.
After making their ornaments we went to Highland Park so the kids could perform “Christmas at the O.K. Corral”.
Ryder and Dallie enjoying their front row seats.
Mr. Mayor “thinking” on how to solve his town’s problem.
The kids all picked a name off the Christmas tree in Pamida and brought in a toy to donate. I didn’t realize that the newspaper would be there to write up an article on them. I had the kids all lined up so I could get their picture and the guy from the newspaper was taking pictures at the same time, but instead of getting this nice group shot,
he put this picture in the paper that doesn’t even have all our school kids in it. He got Ryder (bottom left) instead. The school kids didn’t seem to mind too much though.
Our last stop of the day was to the Knight Museum. They had a Christmas tree and wreath display that the kids could vote on the favorites. Jason and I had been here the previous week for our ranch Christmas party and really enjoyed the history they have displayed of the Sandhills.
We also had lunch sometime during the day. It was a fun day and we feel very lucky to be part of such a great school.
No comments:
Post a Comment