Our Christmas vacation was spent partying! We got to Grandma Nielson’s on Christmas Eve and went straight to the shop to play on some bounce houses. Grandkids from three Nielson families were all home for the Holidays so my Uncle Rick borrowed these and set them up in the shop.
Jason with the velcro suit.
Summer on the bungee.
Tricia giving the bungee a try.
Bode and Kache on the velcro wall.
When more cousins got to Grandma’s, they spent more time at the shop playing.
When we go to Washington I usually think about how spoiled these grandkids are when visiting the farm. Growing up we never had anything like this. But then I just reminded myself of all the things we did do growing up on the farm with fun cousins: there were always parties, softball games, farming, shot gun shooting, swimming, the zip line, driving, sledding, watching SNL and then watching the cousins reenact it, making corn, gardens, driving to Othello for a milk shake at McDonalds, changing water, etc. When I think back on those times I realize we were just as spoiled as the grandkids are now. What a good life that farm has provided, and still provides.
No comments:
Post a Comment