Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Moving Cows

The kids and I helped Jason move cows the other day.  I finally got a good shot of some curlews.  They are the funniest looking birds and our favorite because their arrival in the spring lets us know that winter is nearly over.
DSC_0277DSC_0281
Kache is getting really good at moving cows.  He knows where he should be and what he should do in order to get the cows to move. 
DSC_0283DSC_0284DSC_0286DSC_0287DSC_0289DSC_0290
Unfortunately this storm went south of us instead of giving us some rain.  We’ve been so dry that we are shipping everything that doesn’t have a calf.  Which means we (the Joy Unit) only have three cow/calf herds and a herd of bulls. 
DSC_0291DSC_0292DSC_0297

2 comments:

Kaysi @ Keeping it Simple said...

I was wondering what those birds were called, they are definitely goofy! It was great seeing you again this weekend, thanks for the dinner and everything!

Countrylivn' said...

Really great pictures, Kache is sure growing up fast! What nice help for Jason! (and you too Im sure)