Jason’s been in Florida this week for foreman meetings. It sounds like he had a pretty good time and was able to experience some things he wasn’t able to when he was there on his mission, such as an airboat ride, baby gators, poisonous snakes, the ocean, etc. He’s on his way home now and the kids and I can’t wait to have him home. Although, we did surprisingly well without him this week. I’m usually scared to have him away, but I wasn’t this time. I think living where we do helps me not be scared. I even doctored a calf by myself (with Kache’s help). I know, not that big of a deal, I’m kind of embarrassed to be blogging about it, but I can’t believe I did it. I’ve helped Jason doctor hundreds of calves, but I’ve never been brave enough to tube a calf. Aside from it grossing me out, I’m afraid of drowning the calf. But I did it! The calf was nearly dead anyway, so I figured I’d either drown it or it would die from scours, it’s kind of a lose/lose situation for the poor calf. So after a couple tries getting the tube down his throat and lots of gagging (me, not the calf) we got it done. And when we went back the next morning it was still alive! Which wasn’t so great because that meant I had to tube it again. I was able to do it with less gagging, but more worry about drowning it. But it was still breathing when I pulled the tube out. Fortunately, the only other adventures this week have been our everyday adventures. Such as:
As Jason tells me what the Florida ranch is like, I’m so glad we live on the Rex Ranch where the kids and I get to work, and the kids run around gathering snakes, toads, frogs, turtles and moths of unusual size, and I don’t have to worry about strangers, traffic or poisonous reptiles.
2 comments:
Such fun pictures, good work on the tubing& vaccinating, just don't tell Jason what you did, or he will have you do it all the time. We still didn't call to wish you Happy Birthday yet, but hope your day was great!
Good job tubing the calf, I had to do the same when Daniel was gone, but I called the neighbor for help!
Post a Comment