Thursday, October 23, 2008

Preg Check

Our preg check is done. Jason's numbers were good (94% pregnant). His numbers for the whole year have been good. He only lost about 5% of his calves this year, which is really good considering the two blizzards we got this spring during calving season. His calf weights at the sex sort were good too. On average they gained 2.2 pounds a day (from weaning to sex sort). (I know this doesn't mean much to most of you, but it will be fun for Jason and I to look back on later in life.) His foreman and boss both said he has been doing good and getting to be a good cattleman (it may not sound like much, but our foreman doesn't talk much and this is the first time he's complimented Jason personally).

My meals went well. I'm not very confident in my cooking abilities (those of you who've had my cooking know why) so I never feel comfortable cooking for a big group, but the guys are always very grateful and complimentary. Now I'm on to the next project: packing for our trip to Rapid City this weekend. And then next week I get to get ready for my parents to come. They are coming to help us work on the McGinley house. They will stay for about two weeks and hopefully we'll be able to make the house habitable. I say we, but my parents will do most of the work. Jason will still have his cows to take care of, and I won't be much help with three kids in tow. So I'm really glad my parents are coming or the work wouldn't get done.

No comments: