The boys and I went to Lakeside last night for the Halloween festivities. We had a chili feed first, then the kids go out to the community to trick-or-treat (there are only a few houses in Lakeside), and then all the parents get in line to pass out their candy to the kids. I like this because we get the chance to see other kids and their costumes, we don't have to drive from house to house, and the candy is awesome. People are friendly around here, but not outgoing. So I sat by myself and only talked to a few people. My neighbor Shelley helped me out a lot though. She took the boys trick-or-treating so I didn't have to Dallie out (her husband was pregging too).
We were invited down to Oshkosh tonight for the high school volleyball games and trick-or-treating, but I don't think we will go. Tomorrow night is our branch trunk-or-treat, so we will be really halloweened out by the time this week is over. (Not to mention our mail lady leaving a 2-pound bag of licorice in our mailbox yesterday. She always has holiday treats for the kids, although I'm pretty sure the boys won't see any of that licorice since Jason found it first.)
Here are some pictures of the boys in their costumes and their loot (I especially like the mummies).
3 comments:
Cute costumes! The mummies are really clever. What did they use for the body, arms and legs? Gum?
Did mom make a 2nd big foot/brown bear? It looks like her work.
Sounds like a cool mail lady....I guess thats what you get in the country. Your boys look so cute in their little costumes!
Post a Comment