Thursday, October 9, 2008

Pregging

We start preg checking in two weeks. We have vet students from Colorado State come help (they also come during calving). They get the experience and we get their help; and since we don't pay them, we provide meals for them. So the day Jason's herd is pregged I am responsible for feeding the vet students and the other ranch empoyees that come help. I am planning on 20 people for lunch and 12 for supper. So I need some suggestions on what to feed everyone. I thought I would do corn chowder for one meal, but I don't know what kind of salad and dessert to do with it, and the other meal I haven't figured out yet. Any ideas would be helpful, but keep in mind this is a cattle ranch, and my husband won't allow me to feed the guys chicken.

4 comments:

Jenni said...

I would probobly do a crock pot of chili beans. Or a pot of beans the day before and then Texas style chili to go along with the beans. :) Throw together some corn bread and a salad and tada! Always a dinner I love doing for a big crowd.

glen-denise-vince-mckee-cam said...

something that is good and easy to make is taco soup. plus if it's a cooler day it's perfect to warm everyone up. serve it with all the toppings and some corn bread. great meal!

wyomingerica said...

I have an awesome chili recipe oh and corn bread would be great with it. I try to make cinniman rolls when I service Chili.

Brice and Evee said...

Brice and I had a couple of ideas for the big crowd meals. We like beef and bean enchilada casserole, BBQ beef sandwiches or spaghetti (baked or traditional). Some salad ideas are pistachio salad, ramen cabbage salad, frog eye salad. Just some ideas that aren't soups.