We've been busy this week. Jason can't seem to get ahead on this unit. Probably half of the windmills here are broken or the tanks are leaking. His bulls haven't been doing very well, so he has had to feed them a couple times this week. He's had some early calves that he finally got tagged this afternoon. He had to pull his first calf, but it was a stillborn. He has to build a vet room in his calving barn and help get the intern house and bunk house ready for our seasonal help.
This week I've been working on my menu for feeding vet students. Every calving season we have veterinary students from Colorado State University come help calve the ranches' heifer herds. So whoever has those herds (this year the ranch has three heifer herds) has to provide meals for the vet students. The vet students come in mid-March and are here for four weeks. So like I've said before, I'm not much of a cook and I'm kind of nervous about having to prepare something for every meal (I can't just feed them cold cereal when I don't feel like cooking like I sometimes do with my family). Not to mention I have to do all the shopping for that month of cooking - that's the part I'm really not looking forward to.
So this is what we have been doing this week. We're tired and hope to get some rest, but that probably won't come until June.
1 comment:
Your a good wife. Feeding all those people is stressful. Let me know if you'd like any recipes.
I really enjoy looking at your blog and what you guys are up to. Have a good one.
Jamie
Post a Comment