Wednesday, February 18, 2009

More Random

* I love my house. I need to take pictures of it, but I still have boxes left to be unpacked. I think the office is my favorite room in the house.

* Dallie is 7 months old today. She is sleeping through the night (again) and in her own room. She is sitting on her own. She is eating veggies now. She says "dadada". She is a wiggle worm - she is more active than the boys were.

* The school Kache will go to in the fall is 45 minutes away. I'm really not looking forward to it. It is our choice to be this far away from school, church, and civilization, and I do enjoy being this far out, but the whole school situation may change my mind.

I have to drive Kache a half hour south to meet the school van which then takes him 15 minutes farther to the school. Then after school he has to wait a half hour for the van to get to his school from the junior high. So the way it sounds he will leave home at 7-ish and not get home until 5-ish. The whole situation makes me sick. It's difficult enough sending my baby to school, but for him to be gone for 10 hours is really making me loose sleep. I want to homeschool Kache (even if it's just for kindergarten), but Jason says no.

Kache can't wait to go to school, and I don't blame him. I remember my first day of school. I loved it. I couldn't wait for the teacher to get done going over the rules because I was so ready to learn. But after we moved to Basin City when I was in the second grade everything changed. I was always homesick. I was scared to ride the bus. I just didn't like school. I still liked learning, but I guess I didn't like being away from home. Even in high school I was like that. (As a matter of fact, I'm still like that. If I didn't ever have to leave my house, I probably wouldn't.) Of course I don't tell Kache any of this; I tell him school is great and he'll have lots of fun, which will be true for him.

3 comments:

wyomingerica said...

That is tough, I would probably home school, maybe you could find someone that home schools around you and just take him there so it feels like school. Or talk to the school and see about going every other day or something. He is so young. I'm suprised they don't do half days. You would spend all day driving but that is a long time away for such a little guy.

Summer said...

I know how you feel! Even though for me it was only a 1/2 hour drive when we were at the Star. It's hard to let them grow up! Maybe Jason would let you home school for a while when he sees how much driving and gas money it will cost! I've done pre-school with Cailin and Colten. They learn and love the alone time with Mom. Ah then the social skills...

Brice and Evee said...

I have been thinking a lot about Kellon going to school, too. We have him in a Mommy preschool this year where seven of us moms take turns doing a 2 hour preschool once a week. He loves that, but Kellon is actually not looking forward to "real school." He wants to be at home with everyone else. That makes me feel good, but it also breaks my heart that he will have to go to school anyway. And pretty soon, he won't want to be at home with us anymore.