Saturday, August 20, 2011

August 17, 2011

Just some shots from the other day while we were out checking water with Jason.  I love the texture of thunder clouds.  I was glad this tornado-maker past us by.

006007008

We have to pump water off of some of our meadows or they would be covered in water all year round.  This is a ditch the water gets collected in and then pumped into another pasture. 

010043022023

We’ve had a really good water year.  It’s amazing that our grass is still this green.  As you can see, Jason still has some hay to haul.  I wish I could do it for him, but he’s as picky about straight stack yards as I am.

015

A herd marker.  Jason calls him Lightning McQueen because of the lightning strike on his girth.

019

For certain reasons, I don’t like to edit pictures (except going black and white and cropping).  But the following picture was a total loss (it was one of those that I saw in my mind what it should look like, but I couldn’t capture it on camera).  So I thought I’d try some editing to try and save it.  It turned out much better than the original, but I feel slightly dishonest because it’s not real. 

017

This was the follow-up storm to the one at the beginning of the post. 

031034

No comments: