We had our Rex Ranch BBQ this week with perfect weather. The storms all went around us so we didn’t have to cut the party short. After dinner we shot skeet and the kids had a treasure hunt. We always have a fun time getting together and visiting with the ranch crew. I only have one picture from that night is the sad thing.
We brought this little pup home from the BBQ. She came from the same mother as Rex, so we are hoping she will be as good a dog as he is. She’s already fallen out of the Honda and run over by the solar trailer, but she must have had enough padding under her not to be hurt too bad. The kids have spent almost every waking moment with her since we brought her home. They call her Little Star. I’ve been trying to talk them out of it, but so far we haven’t come up with anything else. Unfortunately both of my stipulations for getting a new dog were not met. I didn’t want a female and we didn’t get rid of Loco.
Today we went in search of a tire for a swing. We were successful and the kids had a fun time swinging this afternoon. Our set up won’t last too long, but we hope long enough for us to figure something out more permanent.
We set up the tent this week so Jason and the kids could have a camp out before school starts. We’re sad we didn’t get to go on a real camping trip this summer, especially since we got a new tent for Christmas, but having a hot dog roast and sleeping in the back yard kept everyone content.
I’ve been trying to get ready for this new baby, but I wake up every morning from a nightmare that I’m totally unprepared or I’ve brought the baby home and have no husband or mother there to help me. I usually enjoy pregnancy – physically it isn’t too bad (except for the snoring) and knowing I’m bringing a baby into the world is nice. But I really don’t like all the out of control hormones (crying for no reason), my brain doesn’t work, and my dreams are terrible. I guess my poor night’s rest from bad dreams are numbered, but will give way to poor night’s rest from having a new born. I’m tired just thinking about it.
4 comments:
bODE SAys trixy for your
doggie
Summer says Stellllaaaa-stella
or samatha
oreo, lincoln, reese,
Lex said tee- as in t-rex (you already have the rex)
lucy, miah,
Good thing you are getting close to being done (being prego) I dont understand why we have weird pregnant dreams, its not fun! The pup is cute!
We are coming to Cheyenne on Labor Day weekend. We are going to a Cowboys game on saturday and then sending the night in Cheyenne, going to church and coming home. How long is that drive? From Cheyenne? Do you want to come?
I have weird dreams too. I hate them. I'm sorry for you! Hopefully you will have a good sleeper! I'm so excited to see your new baby when he or she arrives. I hate saying "it". Anyway, good luck with everything! Cute dog.
Post a Comment