Thursday, August 25, 2011

Riggin Kollin Bagley

We decided on Riggin for his name. He and I are both doing good today. Unfortunately this hospital makes us stay for 48 hours because I had group B. So we don't get to go home until tomorrow. I'm excited to see our kids at home. We called them at school yesterday and while the teacher was getting the boys, Jason could hear Ryder yelling, "It's a baby!"

They started me on pit at 7:30, broke my water at noon and Riggin was born at 1:35. Surprisingly I didn't have an epidural. I did have fentenal (I think that's what it's called) through my IV after they broke my water, but it only lasts an hour and the nurse decided to check me before she gave me the second dose and I was nearly ready to push so I didn't get anything for the last little bit. It hurt, but it was nice not to have the huge epidural needle in my back. I was afraid the IV incident was a sign of things to come with the epidural needle. Recovery for me has been nice because he is so small, but I worry about him. I don't want him to lose any weight because he is already so small. He's pretty docile right now, but he's barely 24 hours old, so we'll see if he stays that way.

6 comments:

Justin and Michelle Klingler said...

I love his name! And he is so handsome.

wyomingerica said...

fun name, Im sure Doug will find a way to tease him about it. hope you get home safe

Summer Freeman said...

Like his name, do you think you will call him rig or rigs? Can't wait for your kiddos to meet him!!

Countrylivn' said...

Oh good, I really like his name. I am sure he will get busier as the days go by. I hope Jason is catching up on all of his tv for the year!

Melissa said...

Congratulations!!! I'm so happy and excited for you guys!! I bet the kids will really love their new baby brother. The pictures are cute and precious!! Good luck and hope the recovery continues to go well.

Bob and Sara said...

Congratulations! We love his name & can't wait to see him & hold him. Wish we were closer, Jaci said he had a cute hat & wondered if he was born with his diaper on! :)