I haven’t taken many pictures lately. The ones below sum up what we’ve been up to the past couple of weeks.
Dallie came home from working with Jason in the shop the other day looking like this.
After Ryder’s eye check up he had to wear these glasses because they put some drops in his eyes that make them dilate. It took a couple of day (instead of a couple of hours) for them to get back to normal.
The boys have spent a lot of time working with Jason this summer. I’m glad they’re learning how to ride and be independent. The week we AIed the heifers the boys helped run the alley and check heat. In between cooking and clean up, Dallie and I went out to record data and load the AI guns. Loading the guns isn’t hard, but I’m a little nervous to see the AI results when we preg this fall (we keep track of who loads and who AI’s). Ranch-wide last year the cows Jason AIed had the highest preg rates. Hopefully this year his wife’s help won’t hinder his high success rate.
Ryder’s new saddle. He’s happy to have something of his very own (not a hand-me-down from Kache).
Dallie always wants to go for a ride.
She’s also been getting into lots of trouble lately. The boys were never like this. She’s my hardest in church. When she’d get too out of control, I used to send her up to sit on the stand with Jason, but she’s no longer sitting reverently with him either. I’m looking forward to my mom coming so she can help me with this mischievous kid.
My due date is less than three weeks away, although I don’t think I’ll make it that long. I am hoping for August 24. School starts the 22nd and I don’t want to miss Ryder’s first day of kindergarten and my mom flies in the 23rd, so it will just be best to have the baby the 24th. Ryder’s really excited for Grandma to be here to take him to school (which will be in Lakeside! but we still don’t know who the teacher is).
3 comments:
Dallie reminds me of Claire Bear! My big girls were never into everything like Claire is. Im glad your boys are getting so independent, good timing having a new one and all!
Looks like a fun summer. I need to call. Good luck on your schedule.
She looks like she gets into stuff like Blake does, I didn't have any trouble until him. He is number 3. But my #4 was way easy, and doesn't get nto anything. Good luck with the baby!! How exiciting. Hope everything goes well. HUGS
-Sarah
Post a Comment