Monday, November 3, 2008

Construction Zone

My mom and dad got here this afternoon. We met at the McGinley and started cleaning and tearing the kitchen out. They are spending the night at my house tonight, but tomorrow and most of the rest of the time they are here, they are going to sleep at the McGinley so they won't have the two hour commute every day.

When we got there, Elder Nielsen (the service missionary on the ranch) had already torn the carpet out of the living and dining rooms; it already looks and smells better (the previous tenants smoked in the house).

So here are some "before" and "under construction" pictures.

I'll try to update as often as I have the energy to. P.S. Thanks, Kurtis for the toys.

6 comments:

Aleighy said...

SO FUN! I think it would be so much fun to remodel a house. LOVE the hardwood floors! So, what's the plan with the kitchen??? When is move-in day?

Tell your parents I said "Hi"!

Brenny said...

I can hardly wait to see the finished product. Seriously, I'm giddy. Too much HGTV. Anyway, the hardwood floors don't look like they are in too bad of condition. Will you be able to salvage them?

wyomingerica said...

I can't believe they covered the hard wood. It looks like lots of work. That was a cute round cubburd Dad took out. I'm excited to see the finished product.

Anna Beal said...

EWW, was the carpet really that green color? Looks so much fun! I will look forward to more pics.

Countrylivn' said...

It reminds me of a church, it is going to look so good when you get it done, just having the carpet out is a HUGE improvement, looks like dad is tearing into it quick! Keep us updated, wish we were there to help!

Summer said...

It looks like a lot of work, but think of how fun it will be to have a nice big house for the boys and their sister to run around in! I'm so excited for you!