Sunday, November 23, 2008

Blog Surfing

So I've been blog surfing this evening. It's so fun to catch up on people's lives. Blogging is a fun way to see how people are doing and where they are.

As I was blog surfing, I was also reminiscing on times past, the places we've lived and the people we've known. Since Jason and I have been married, we've moved 10 times (sometimes just to a different apartment in the same town). We've lived in Victor, ID; Basin City, WA; Rexburg, ID; Laramie, WY; Torrington, WY; Lakeside, NE. Our kids have all been born in different states: Idaho, Wyoming, and Nebraska.

Some of the places we've lived:

Columbia View Farms, Basin City, Washington. Our first home. We lived here for two months while Jason did an internship on the farm.

Rexburg, Idaho. This apartment was right behind the drive-in movie theater, so during the summers we could watch the movie in bed.

Torrington, Wyoming. We lived here for eight months while Jason did research for and wrote his thesis.

Rex Ranch, Pawlet Unit, Lakeside, Nebraska. We've lived in this house for almost two years - the longest we've ever lived in one place.

Rex Ranch, McGinley house, Lisco, Nebraska. Our next journey.

3 comments:

Beth morgan said...

Cool Kiley!! I'm so happy I found your blog and I can stay up to date with what's happening with you! Looking at the different places you've lived gets me thinking of the different places Jason and I have lived too. I hope not to move again until we can be our of town on some land...cross your fingers!!!
Beth (Brown) Morgan

Jennifer Nielson said...

Funny--our first home was your first home too! I'm glad you have a picture--I don't, so I copied and saved in on my computer.

You new house looks so fun! Are you happy with the (progressing) results of the remodel?

I'm glad to see pictures of your kids. Dallie is SOOOO cute! I'd love to hold her!

Anna Beal said...

What a beautiful HOME you are going to move into! I had no idea! Alex would just die with jealousy. He loves the idea of being remote...me, not so much.