Work on the house keeps getting interrupted by bigger problems with the house. This was my biggest concern. Old house, old electrical wiring, old plumbing. First we had no water pressure, then the water started to turn a dark color and by the time we left tonight it was black, then water started coming up the drain in the basement. I worried leaving Mom and Dad there tonight, but we knew before we started that the water wasn't good to drink, so we took water down. I'm not staying there because it isn't clean enough for kids.
The next two pictures are of Dallie's room before and during. I need help chosing paint colors. It can't be too bold, the men around here like neutral colors.
The boys' room needs one more coat of paint and carpet.
Jason and Dad decided to cover up the brick chimney. I'm sad, especially after reading what you all said about it.
4 comments:
I really am jealous....looks like a lot of work, but still so much fun! How long are your parent's staying? Did they come just to help with the remodel? I need to come up with a project like that when my dad comes to visit...he can't sit still and he drives us all crazy!
House is looking GREAT!
Dallie's room looks so cute with all the windows. I hope you can get your water thing figured out.
You cant go wrong with light pink in a little girls room, or is that not neutral enough? I want to come help paint! I talked to mom, she just kept saying that she needed a shower! They are really roughing it! Wish I was there.
Looking good. Sorry to hear about the underlying things...I guess thats what you get with an old house. Dallie's room looks FAB! And the Brick can still be uncovored....maybe someday down the road when you want to redecorate :>
Post a Comment