Wednesday, November 5, 2008

A Good Day For Inside Work

We had rain and snow this morning, which makes the road to the McGinley terrible. The road is gravel over clay, so it is slick and slushy when it gets wet. Anyhow, it was a miserable drive for me this morning. By the time I got there, the guys had the kitchen wall knocked out and the walls of one bedroom textured (we can't take the wall paper off because it will pull the plaster off too, so we are texturing and then painting). What do you think about leaving the old chimney brick exposed? All of the ceilings are 9' tall except the kitchen. Its ceiling is so low, or seems so low anyway. Hopefully when we get it painted it won't seem so low. The "before" picture of the boys' bedroom.

4 comments:

Scott and Kelli said...

I definately like the exposed brick. Looks like you guys are making great progress. Good luck!

wyomingerica said...

Exposed brick all the way. It is a pain to keep clean but I'm sure you can manage. I thought you were staying at the new house. Did you come home to blog?

Anna Beal said...

What else would you do with it? Wrap it in sheet rock? There is tons of cool things to do with old brick.

Countrylivn' said...

It looks so much more bigger! I am glad that you could figure out a way to redo the walls in the bedrooms, I worried about that. It is going to look so good! I am nervous for you to have to start working on tearing out that kitchen floor, that is not going to be fun. keep sending the picutes! PS you dont have a fire place using that chimney do you? I dont remember one being there, or does it come up from down stairs? That house has some awesome detail, it is going to turn out so good!